**Hi everyone! Please note that we will not be able to provide u-pick for the rest of this 2016 season, however, we have plenty of fresh apples in the market for pick up and plan to have apples in store until at least Christmas! Call us at 800-361-7731 to learn about what varieties we have in!**
U-pick tips and tricks
Here are some helpful tips and tricks we’ve learned along the way that we think would make your u-pick experience that much better! **And please note that unless otherwise stated, u-pick is a weekend only event!**
1) Wear a hat or bandana to keep the sun at bay.
2) Wear sunscreen. Even if it’s overcast or cool outside, you should always put some on.
3) Flip flops are never a good idea!
4) Wear comfortable closed toed shoes that you don’t mind getting a little dirty.
5) Dress comfortably. You’re going to be enjoying the outdoors and possibly getting a little dirty in the process.
6) Bring your camera and a sturdy camera bag. You’ll want to capture all the fun memories to be had!
7) Be kind to the fruit and fair to the farmer.
8) Wear bug spray. It is always a good idea when you are in the great outdoors.
9) If allergic to any kind of insects. Make sure to bring appropriate medicine(s). We share this orchard with all kinds of insects!
10) Wet wipes can make a great addition to any travel pack. Great for wiping off sticky hands and faces after enjoying a freshly picked strawberry or apple!
11) Remember, if it's rained recently there's a chance the ground is still wet. Tread carefully and watch your step!
12) All u-pick experiences will involve a tractor ride to get you up into the orchard. Just FYI:)