May is shaping up to be an interesting month!
Our strawberry crop has come in sooner than expected and we have some fun classes happening as well!
Here's what you can expect over the next 30 days...
- Strawberry U-PICK: Every Saturday and Sunday in May from 10-4, weather permitting and subject to availability. The cost is $10 for a 1/2 gallon basket with a gallon upgrade available for an additional $6. We have brought back the 'Eat a Berry' tour for $5 and stand alone tractor tours are also available for $2. Children 2 and under ride free. This is one of our favorite events and we'd love for you to join us.
- Mother's Day Children's Bakery Class: On May 10th from 9:00am - 11:00am, we will be teaching local kids the wonders of baking with our Children's Bakery Class! This time we will be making Butterfly Cakes and Chocolate Flowers! This class is always a huge hit and space fills quickly! The cost is $25 for the first child, with additional siblings at only $20. Each child brings home treats, recipes, and a head full of knowledge!
- Feed Fannin 'Back to Basics': Tim Mercier will lead you through the beginnings of growing fruit trees and how to get started. Bring a notepad! All proceeds go to Feed Fannin. Entry is $5 or a non perishable food donation.
- Feed Fannin Cooking Demo: On May 31st, Theresa will teach you new tricks when it comes to cooking with strawberries! All proceeds go to Feed Fannin. Entry is $5 or a non perishable food donation.
- U-FISH: On May 31st from 9:00am - 2:00pm, bring the family to our farm pond and reel them in! This FREE catch and release event has been a huge success, thanks to the participation from Blue Ridge Trout Unlimited. Bring your own poles and bait, or use ours!
- Mother's Day Brunch: Take your mom (or the kids) to a delicious brunch at the Orchard! On May 11th from 7:00am - 1:00pm, we will be serving all of your new favorites. Reservations are recommended! Call us for more information. .